Notable Members and Modders
Aside from official patches and fixes produced by Gabriel Interactive and Infogrames a number of third party developers coded and created unofficial modifications and developments for the Robot Arena 2 game and game engine. Below is a choice selection of the real movers and shakers in the development community followed by a listing of other lesser-known reskinners or remodders.
Notable Component Creators
- Cherry Flavored - Antiballast.
- DarkRat- Dark Pack 1-3
- dummy - First components.
- Firebeetle - FB Component Pack
- goose - First armor pack
- Icer - ][cer parts.
- Lu-Tze - LT Component Pack
- Radio F Software - Personalized components.
- Slider_V - The first double-sided motor, First hinge
- Madiaba - Easy to use smartzones
- Mr. AS - Ground hovers.
Notable Arena Creators
- dummy- First arena
- Lu-Tze - The first Complex Arena
- Madiaba - About 23 arenas to date: 8 released, but links vanished with old forum. Several built and used for tourneys. The rest not yet released to public.
- Mr. AS
Notable AI Coders
- Radio F Software - RFS AI Pack.
- Sovereign II - First AI Pack.
- Starcore - One of the first to create and release multi-function and tailored function AI.py files. Omni.py being a defacto standard for many builders more than a decade later.
- Pyscolone - Very difficult AI pack
- Gigafrost - Considered to have created the second most advanced AI Pack ever.
- Madiaba - Written several new AI.py; especially for multi-functioning bots.
- apanx - Created the brilliant SuperDuperMegaUltra.py
Notable Graphic Artists
- DarkRat - Designed most all the graphics, UI and artistic overhaul of DSL-TC
- Vincent - Designed DSL2 logo. Overhauled 90% of the Stock UI and HUD.
- Rejected - Designed Splash Screens and UI of Starcore V2 & V3 AI packs. Along with the themed textures of all the bots he submitted like Neglected Waterbug and the Happy Bees.
Notable Plugin/Add-on Creators
- Dummy- Original GMF toolset and reverse-engineering
- DarkRat- DSL-TC
- Starcore- DSL-TC and of course the legendary Starcore AI Pack. Considered one of the most difficult AI packs in its V4 Alpha2 form.
- Lu-Tze- DSL-TC
- goose- The unofficial bot exchange
- Serge- Fixed dummee's compiler, broke the Rule of Seven and multiple other limitations with RA2: Component Freedom and wrote some other tools.
- Hazard - AU AI Pack.
- AW - AU AI Pack
- CARP 104 - AU AI Pack.
- TDS - Ubermod.
- HX - RAI application. AU BB Toner/parts unlock. Custom Edges. Contribution to AAM Innovation.
- Gigafrost - RA2GE Awesome Patch.
- InfiniteInertia - Of all the Stock AI packs, INF AI is currently considered the most challenging AI pack in the community.
- Martijn Pieters- PyRA2, GMF and Bot classes coded in Python
- Naryar - Creator of one of the largest and hardest DSL AI Packs.
- 123savethewhales - Creator of Ironforge
- Mr. AS - Creator of RA2: Retooled which is a large WIP (Work in Progress)
- apanx - OBJ2RA2
Notable Stock Robot Builders
Throughout the history of Robot Arena 2, there have been many people who have made major advancements in Bot Building. These include (but are not limited to):
- Radio F Software
Notable DSL Robot Builders
More currently the activity has greatly increased in DSL, there have also been many people who have made major advancements in this version of RA2. These include (But are not limited to):
- Darkrat The originator of the original DSL robots.
- The Ounce
- Scrap Daddy